Tuesday, March 13, 2012

As winter fades...

I snapped the following images on a winter's drive in Grey County, where I grew up.  They are so quiet and minimal. I love the silence and simplicity of the winter season.  The sounds all dampened by snow. The colours all muted and hiding.  These images seem like a distant memory now as spring creeps into the picture.  Who knows, Ontario still maybe due for another huge snow storm the way this winter has gone...but I would be okay with just looking back at these images for now, instead of the real thing.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like it!

Kye Sangha said...

Your pictures do a lovely job of catching that quiet that snow seems to bring. Here in Colorado spring is everywhere, but I keep hoping for one more big storm!

Rhya said...

Kelly Zarb has left a new comment on your post "As winter fades...":

Rhya I love these images very beautiful indeed.